Whether you’re sick or a whole bunch of people are sick, this soup is sure to help. Recently I’ve been feeling under the weather and a lil bit sad lately.
Anyways enough about my emotions heres what you’ll need for this soup:
- 80%fat/20%lean 1/2 pound tube of hamburger(or whatever source of protein you like)[I’d also get more if you’re cooking for more than 5 people but just guesstamate how much you’d need]
- Macaroni noodles
- Two cans of both dark and light red kidney beans(can be used for protein)
- Two cans of tomato sauce
- Two cans of petite diced tomatoes or just diced tomatoes(this is just up to you)
- Two cans of Rotel hot salsa mix.
- Beef bullion cubes
- Whorechester sauce(optional I usually dont use this)
- Cheyenne pepper,
- Black pepper
- Any sort of hot spice you enjoy
Now that thats outta the way, here’s what you have to do(its pretty easy.)
- Put 6 cups of water in a pot and heat on medium
- Then put 6 beef bullion cubes in the water
- Add the tomato sauce and rest of tomato ingredients
- Mix a lil bit
- Cook hamburger with said spices you chose while thats heating up(I usually add cheyenne pepper and salt)
- Drain then add both canned beans to the pot of soup
- Once its to a boil put it to a simmer and leave for 30-40 minutes (this is if youre in a hurry if not put on the lowest heat possible and leave up to an hour.
- OR another option make it a thick soupy consistency is adding mashed potato flakes
- Check up on it once in a while and add water as needed to avoid the goulash consistency
- Then for the last 12-10 minutes put in at least a cup of macaroni noodles (for bigger batches I use a cup and a half)
On days when I need the spices I’ll add a bunch of Cheyenne pepper and black pepper. You can either put this in the actual soup or in the bowl you have. Then let it cool down a lil bit and there you have it red soup. My older brother would usually pile in saltine crackers to make it more like a goulash, so by all means do that too! Add goldfish crackers for kids to make it more fun to eat. As always I hope the rest of your day is great and I will see you guys next time!